Friday, February 13, 2015

The Hit List: Skater Spotlight for 2/13/2015: Tommy Talbot #1225

Photo by Ashley Poole, 2011
What is your derby name?
TOM-A-HAWK but I go by Talbot now.

What is the story behind your name?
I wanted part of my name in there so I did a facebook questionnaire on what my name should be and this was the one that won out.

What number do you wear?
1225

Why did you choose it?
Its my birthday

What is your role in the league?
Sargent at Arms

What is your preferred position on the track?

Blocker

What’s your pre-derby athletic background?
Gymnastics, Soccer, and Running

What would you say are your greatest strengths as a skater?
I am pretty agile on my feet and can take a pretty good hit.

Which one of your teammates do you look up to most, and why?
Brandon as he is so motivated and focused that he makes me want to push myself past my comfort zone.

What is your best memory of the 2014 MRDA season?
I would probably have to say the feeling of how our team really started clicking together and our season started to turn around and we started really putting up a fight with the higher ranking teams. I feel like we are going to turn some heads this upcoming season.

How did you get involved with roller derby?
Well its a funny story, Bob Fowler started and they were having an open skate so he told me I should go, so I did and WOO and Grambo saw me skate and told me that I had to join.. so I did..

No comments:

Post a Comment